EMPOWR Porous™ Knee
The EMPOWR Porous™ Knee combines DJO’s proprietary advanced porous coating, P2™ with the EMPOWR Knee System’s modern kinematic design philosophy. The EMPOWR Porous Knee System is the culmination of decades of research and clinical experience resulting in data-driven materials optimized to enhance early fixation, while creating an ideal environment for immediate and long-term biologic fixation.1
P2 Porous CoatingAids in the apposition of bone for superior in-growth results.1
Cruciform PegsPeripherally placed to provide initial component fixation and stability.2
Asymmetric Baseplate DesignDesigned to maximize cortical coverage and prevent overhang.3
Tri-flange Bladed KeelBone sparing geometry optimized for cementless knee replacement. Designed to provide rotational stability and enhance initial fixation.3
Dual Pore Technology*
Superior Ratio Of Contact Area and Coefficient Of Friction
*Large Pores - Pore size between each non-spherical bead = 200-525 μm Small Pores - Pore size within each non-spherical bead = 25-65 μm
- P2™ Testing Summary 0020327-001 Rev A 10/14
- 3D Knee™ Technical Monograph 0011102-004
- Bhimji, Safia, and R. Michael Meneghini. “Micromotion of cementless tibial baseplates: keels with adjuvant pegs offer more stability than pegs alone.” The Journal of Arthroplasty 29.7 (2014): 1503-1506.
- Meneghini, R. Michael, et al. “A dual-pivot pattern simulating native knee kinematics optimizes functional outcomes after total knee arthroplasty.” The Journal of Arthroplasty 32.10 (2017): 3009-3015.
- Mahoney, Ormonde M., et al. “The effect of total knee arthroplasty design on extensor mechanism function.” The Journal of Arthroplasty 17.4 (2002): 416-421.